Friday, August 12, 2011

Be Selective

I had a fine dining experience at lunch yesterday.  I went to Pancho's, the Mexican Buffet.  While most people easily resist such an establishment, I embrace it.  However, while there, I am always faced with a problem.  There are so many good options, that I'm tempted to say "yes" to all of them.  However, I know that if I do, I'd be miserable, so I say "yes" only to flautas, chile rellenos and cheese enchiladas.

I'm convinced that a lot of life works that way.  There are plenty of good options out there that we should absolutely say "no" to.  Time and energy are limited, so it's best to be selective.  Selectivity is what'll turn a good moment into a great moment.  Those moments turn into days and those days turn into years.  Eventually, those years turn into a lifetime, and at the end of life, too many people are miserable, because they weren't selective enough.

Selectivity is key to living a great life and avoiding a life that teeters on burn-out and loss of purpose.

Let others eat the chalupa.  They love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment