Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Children's Ministry


It's been a while since I have been able to write anything. It's just been one of those seasons where there is little margin to get to any sort of reflection. However, along the way, over the past few weeks, I have had great moments of increased thanksgiving.

My decreased "margin" and increased thanksgiving come by way of me standing in the gap of our children's ministry. Our children's minister resigned, and we were fortunate enough to find a great person to continue the work. However, there is that gap of a few weeks where someone has to take point, and that has been me.

Children's ministry is so heavy with administrative tasks and details. Visions of supply closets keep me up at night. However, teaching kids God's Word, talking to parents about real issues of life, high-fiving fifth graders, and feeling 3 year olds hug my shins are things that make it all worth it.

Children's ministers have great jobs! While I no longer will be "on point", I am going to look hard for ways to stay involved. The work is hard, but the rewards are awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment